2nd August, 2020
Lilliput Lane Nursery is reopening soon!
Update on 2nd August 2020
- Subject to any further guidance received from the Government and/or the Care Inspectorate The Nursery will reopen on Wednesday 12th August 2020 following the completion of the work detailed below in the coming week.
- Much more detailed information has been sent to our parents via the Parentmail system.
23rd July 2020
Prior to the announcement that nurseries could open in mid July,
the government guidance had consistently been that reopening would be in August.
The announcement came as a complete surprise to the childcare sector.
In order to be prepared we had instructed a programme of modifications and improvements, and that work is currently under way.
- The Nursery is undergoing construction work to provide separate nappy changing facilities, one for children up to 2 years old and one for those over 2 years old.
- The staff toilet remains and will now be separate from nappy changing facilities.
- A new staff changing area is being created to satisfy the new requirement that staff must come to the Nursery in their normal clothes, then change into their uniforms on the premises.
- We are increasing the number of Airsteril units in the Nursery from one to three. Airsteril is a highly advanced air purification system, you can read more about it by clicking HERE
- Hand sanitizer dispensers (with motion sensors for no-touch operation) are being installed at strategic points.
- New signage will be in place in accordance with the new requirements.
- Day-to-day operating procedures will be altered to comply with the new requirements and these will be communicated to staff and parents.